[CentOS] bind issue on centos 5

Robert Spangler lazydog at zoominternet.net
Wed Jul 4 14:20:00 UTC 2007

On Wed July 4 2007 08:47, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

>  i ma trying to setup bind-chroot on centos 5.
>  its named.comf file is confused to me. I can not get it up and running.
> How can I fix it?

I'm sure that nothing has changed from 4.5 to 5 so my thoughts are you are not
placing the files in the correct directories.  Try the following, place the
files listed below in the directories they are listed under.

/var/named/chroot/etc
named.conf  rndc.conf  rndc.key <any other config file for Bind>

/var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves
<place your zone files here>

Make sure all your conf files reflect these location and you can create links
in /etc for the config files.

SELinux only allows Bind to write in certain directories, this being one of
them, data being another.  As I like to keep logs and zonefiles separate,
makes thing easier when searching for something, I write log files to Data
directory.  Also this is standard across all m y DNS servers keeping the
guessing game of where something is to "Nill".

Try this and if it still is not working then a lot more information is needed
from your end to help identify where and what the problem is.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!