[CentOS] CentOS 5 - Booting halts when loading UHCI

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Thu Jul 5 18:24:04 UTC 2007

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Bisbal, Prentice <PBisbal at lexpharma.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm using kernel 2.6.18-8.1.6.el5xen. I can't remember when I last
>> ran 'yum update', but I know the system did boot at one time without
>> any problems.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Do you need the xen kernel for virtualization? You may get different
> results with the stock, non-xen kernel.

The whole reason I installed CentOS 5 was so I could learn RHEL's
virtualization, so
yes - I do need the xen kernel

> Oh, and about this ->
>
>> The contents of this communication, including any attachments, may be
>> confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. They
>> are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
>> they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please do
>> not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication.
>> Please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication in
>> its entirety.
>
> Yeah... we're gonna publish the email on the mailing list archives
> for anyone to look at....
> These aren't much good on a mailing list...

I know, it's stupid, but I have no say in the matter. That legalese gets
added on the mailserver where I hav no control over it.

--
Prentice