[CentOS] yum download with erros pertaining libpurple

Steven Vishoot sir_funzone at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 16:55:19 UTC 2007

--- "Gregory P. Ennis" <PoMec at PoMec.Net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 18:35 +0100, Karanbir Singh
> wrote:
> > Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > > Has anyone else had problems with a recent yum
> download with
> > > libpurple on an X64 machine?
> >
> > whats an X64 machine ?
> >
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libmeanwhile.so.1 is
> needed by package
> > > libpurple
> >
> > libmeanwhile is provided in the repo..
> >
> > - KB
> >

> Thank you for your help!!!
>
> Sorry about X64 what I really should have written is
> that the OS is
> CentOS-5.0-x86_64-bin-DVD.  My thought is that there
> may be a repository
> problem in that I have not tried to install anything
> out of the ordinary
> other than software related to the repositories I
> listed.
>
> If I try to do a yum install libmeanwhile I get a
> "Nothing to do"
> response from yum. but locate does not find any
> references to
> libmeanwhile.
>
> If I try to do a yum -y install I get :
> Error: Missing Dependency: libmeanwhile.so.1 is
> needed by package
> libpurple
>
> This causes me to think that their may be a
> dependency problem in the
> repositories for x86_64 operating systems.
>
> Does this sound reasonable or are their other things
> I might need to do
> on my end?
>
> Greg

i just did this for S&G's and this is what i came up
with: meanwhile.x86_64
0.5.0-1.el4.kb         kbs-CentOS-Extra
Matched from:
/usr/lib64/libmeanwhile.so.0
/usr/lib64/libmeanwhile.so.0.0.0
libmeanwhile.so.0()(64bit)

but did not see any .1 libs? so i do not think you are
losing your mind yet :-)

Steven

Get your Art Supplies @ www.littleartstore.com