[CentOS] yum download with erros pertaining libpurple

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Jul 11 11:09:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 01:05:40PM +0200, Dag Wieers enlightened us:
> > Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> > > Does the priorities plugin give the CentOS repositories priority over
> > > RPMforge?
> >
> > Yes it does (when configured)
>
> Can we maybe deliver working yum config files that automatically are fine
> for the CentOS + RPMforge case when the priority plugin is enabled.
>
> Much like we did with the protectbase plugin.
>
> CentOS would be priority 1, CentOS Extras priority 2 and CentOS Plus
> priority 3 and RPMforge and others) priority 5 or 10 or whatever
> (priorityless ?).
>
> Giving Extras something else than 1 would make sure that a human error in
> Extras would not lead to anything that is hard to turn back. (read:
> manually)
>
> Making things easier to protect CentOS users (by default) should be our
> main focus. If people have problems nevertheless, we can assume they knew
> what they were doing when they changed the default case.

I'd actually vote to make CentOS's main repos start at 2, so that we can use
priority 1 for local repos without having to reconfigure all the base .repo
files. I currently let puppet do that for me, so it's not a big deal, but I
thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics