[CentOS] Gnome Terminal and xterm problems

Dave K davek08054 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:30:26 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:

> No session doesn't come back ever.  It just hangs permanently.

Curiouser and curiouser.

My first thought would be a firewall/router/switch timing out, but
that typically happens for idle sessions, and you said somewhere that
this is happening during activity.  And of course you said this
happens from multiple source locations and multiple destinations, that
does make it harder to think a network element would be the cause.

I have active ssh sessions between various Linux systems that have up
for weeks (or months), with no issues.

Have you ever tried sniffing for network traffic related to a hung session?

--
Dave K
Unix Systems & Network Administrator