[CentOS] Announcement Project based on CentOS 4.4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:01:28 UTC 2007

Tronn Wærdahl wrote:

> Personally i dont like YUM, I prefer apt-get, the package you dont wanna
> update is openldap, espesially the server, you could easyly configre
> apt, to ignore those packages

I didn't think apt-get understood that you might have a mix of x86_64
and i386 packages on the same machine.  Yum has the same configuration
capabilities, although I think if there is something wrong in the stock
openldap package you'd want to replace it with a different package
instead of relying on package manager settings to always know about the
quirk.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com