[CentOS] Wireless newtworking in CentOS 5

B.J. McClure keepertoad at verizon.net
Mon Jul 16 19:03:42 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 15:48 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:16:13PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Ummmm. The drivers are free, they are licensed under the GPL v2. The
> > firmware is the problem:
> > <http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/firmware.php?fid=7> - I don't think we
> > want to distribute that (we seem to be allowed to do so under certain
> > conditions, but my legalese sucks, especially the english dialect of
> > it). Yes, that sucks. And I'm sure their excuse is "FCC regulations".
>
> Just read it. We definitivelly don't want to distribute it.
>
> - --
> Rodrigo Barbosa
> "Quid quid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur"
> "Be excellent to each other ..." - Bill & Ted (Wyld Stallyns)

I just read the entire document as well as Exhibit A.  I do not find any
prohibition against distribution, only conditions which should be met if
it is distributed to end users.  Would you be kind enough to point out
the section or paragraph which you interpret to prohibit distribution.
Thanks in advance.

B.J. McClure

CentOS 5.0, Linux 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5 x86_64 13:59:06 up 1 day, 15:25, 1
user, load average: 0.09, 0.07, 0.03