[CentOS] vlc on centos 4.5

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Jul 19 12:59:39 UTC 2007

Has anyone successfully gotten vlc to install on centos 4.X?

I saw other posts on using rpms from places but I dont want to go there.

I have downloaded from videolan ftp site the following:
mpeg2dec
libmad
libfaad
ffmpeg
vlc

I have configured and installed each package above.

When I run vlc (to connect to a linksys wvc200 camera that outputs MP4
video)
I get the message  main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for
fourcc `MP4S'.

So I am assuming I dont have something correct yet with vlc.

Just wondering if someone else has built vlc and would mind sharing
how they did it.

Jerry