[CentOS] Searching an Scsi Controller for CentOS 5

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 20 10:19:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Olaf Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does CentOs 5 supports an Adaptec AHA-2940W/2940UW scsi controller
> (pci)? Is this controller maybe supported by the aic7xxx driver?
>
> I want to install CentOS 5 on my desktop pc but the currently installed
> pci scsi controller for my scanners (drivers: 2x tmscsim, 1x advansys)
> are not supported by CentOS. So I am searching for something else.
> Thanks in advanced.
>

> regards
> Olaf

The 2940 has been around for a while, so CentOS 5 should easily see it.

If you are not sure, try booting from the CD/DVD, then, when you can get
to a tty window, type: lspci

See if CentOS 5 is able to see the controller, either as 2940 or aic
chipset.   If so, you should be good to go.

If lspci doesn't work, try dmesg |more and look for the scsi controller in
the listing.  Same things to look for.

Good luck.

Scott