[CentOS] Re: semodule - global requirements not met

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:42:47 UTC 2007

On 7/19/07, Tony <pthagonal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm busy setting up amavisd-new on a CentOS 5.0 box - and believe I've
> got it working well enough that I can switch selinux enforcing back on
> again.
>
> I've done the usual-

<snippage>

> - now I do 'semodule -i amavis.pp' to load the module- but instead of
> working I instead get this error:
>
> libsepol.print_missing_requirements: amavis's global requirements were
> not met: type/attribute amavis_t
> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
> semodule:  Failed!

For the record I've solved it. Turns out that there is already an
amavis.pp loaded - it is included in the selinux-policy-targetted
package- despite the fact amavis isn't part of RHEL/ CentOS5.

Solution was to remake my module and make sure it ends up named
"myamavis.pp" - and now I can load it with no problems.  In Dan
Walsh's blog ( http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/8637.html ) he does
recommend putting "my" on the front of every custom module in order to
prevent name clashes - just wish I'd read and heeded his advice
earlier.

Cheers,

Tony