[CentOS] Centos as a desktop, advisable?

beast

beast at ldap.or.id
Wed Jul 25 04:51:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

I would like to deploy centos on hundreds of client PC (a new setup).
Presently, several distros has attract me due to their focus on the desktop,
however they only have few months lifetime before a new version released.

Is it advisable using centos on client? what about support for new
hardware and several office productivity software like openoffice, did centos
always update to the latest version?

Previously i was using RH9 on several hundreds clients and love it, however
the update was horrible since it is unsupported, hence I can not install it
on the new hardware (ie. sata)

thanks.

--beast