[CentOS] Best way to have Postfix 2.3 or 2.4 on Centos 4.4?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Fri Jul 27 07:50:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 09:42:17 AM +0200, io (mfioretti at mclink.it) wrote:

> Before launching rpm or yum, however, I'd like to ask the list which
> way you think is the best way to do this. By "best" I mean the way
> which:
>
> * has no known issues, gotchas, extra configuration tricks...
> * has as little extra dependencies as possible
> * can be maintained/upgraded with yum

Sorry, I forgot one thing:

* which has the smallest impact on other packages

meaning that if the postfix I want is in some extra repo which has lot
of other things I don't need, I (ideally) only want to take postfix
from there when I run "yum update", and keep taking other packages
from the official Centos Repos.

Marco
--
The Family Guide to Digital Freedom:        http://digifreedom.net