[CentOS] MRTG with 14all.cgi on centos 5

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 05:43:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed mrtg on centos5 with 14all.cgi script.

I downloaded it from below URL.

http://my14all.sourceforge.net/14all-1.1.txt and copies it as 14all.cgi @
/var/www/cg-bin

I made a few changes to the script. Those changes can be seen in BOLDletteres.

# if MRTG_lib.pm (from mrtg) is not in the module search path (@INC)
# uncomment the following line and change the path appropriatly:
#use lib qw(/usr/local/mrtg-2/lib/mrtg2);
use lib qw(/usr/lib/mrtg2);

# if RRDs (rrdtool perl module) is not in the module search path (@INC)
# uncomment the following line and change the path appropriatly
# or use a LibAdd: setting in the config file
#use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.38/lib/perl);
use lib qw(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi);

### where the mrtg.cfg file is
# anywhere in the filespace
#$cfgfile = '/home/mrtg/mrtg.cfg';
#$cfgfile = '/etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg';
# relative to the script
$cfgfile = ' mrtg.cfg';
# use this so 14all.cgi gets the cfgfile name from the script name
#(14all.cgi -> 14all.cfg)
#$cfgfile = 'mrtg.cfg';

It works fine. But When this server comes up , after rebooting,

the traffic of the First graph (i.e Daily' graph (5 Minute Average) goes up,
both incoming and outgoing traffic go up to 50-60 Mbits per secrond.

This happened, Whenever the system comes up after a reboot.

Any idea to solve this issue?

Unless it reboots, It works fine.

Also, I want to know, Where is this mtrg date stored? I want to back up
data. If the system crashes one day, then, I will be able to retrieve it.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya