[CentOS] Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:20:49 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 11:08:49PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > So after the fact everyone can claim anything. The important thing is
> > how did epel (or better said certain key persons in there) deal with
> > it when they did not see the political ramifications they inflicted
> > upon themselves?
>
> I understand how a lot of it "went down" (saw the meetings and am on
> the lists as well), I'm just wondering if that aside (I know, hard to
> do :), could there feasibly be an RPM-based solution to this that would
> make repo-tags obsolete?

Not sure if in RPM itself (in its current incarnations). It would be
sort of a layer above it that at its simplest is the yum priorities
list.. and in a more complicated version would rank against rpm
signatures so that package X with X1 signature could not replace
anything with Y1 signatures.

However, even if it were possible, I doubt it would stop it being
brought up every couple of weeks..