[CentOS] Ham Radio s/w and CentOS? {including Echolink}

Scott Ehrlich

scott at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 31 13:18:48 UTC 2007

I am going to present Linux to my ham radio club at some point in the next few
months, and wanted to collect info on ham radio software, including options for
echolink.   Our repeater has an echolink connection, thus if I present the
software available for it, it might perk up people's interests more.

It would also be very helpful if the echlink applications offered
proxy/firewall options so people at companies or at home that have networks
that implement firewalls, can proxy out and still get on Echolink.

Also, anyone know of a live-on-CD/DVD CentOS distribution that may include
Echolink and/or other ham software?

Thanks for any leads.

Scott, WY1Z