[CentOS] yum remove 'tomcat*'?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:28:14 UTC 2007

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> Not from Red Hat (wrt sun java) ... they did use tomcat and gcj.  If you
>>> want sun java, I imagine you would have to change the specs and rebuild.
>>>   I have no idea how to do that (I have not looked at it at all).
>> Red Hat fixed their bug:
>> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2007-0365.html
>
> That has been pushed to updates ... however, I don't see it has any
> impact on open office.  It is related to tomcat.

I was trying to remove the non-working tomcat with the idea of replacing
it with something else and openoffice went with it.  Odd, but fixable.

>> I haven't seen a response to centos bugzilla 0002160 that I filed a
>> month ago about this.
>
> I didn't see the bug before ... but it was released 7/22/2007:
> redhat-rpm-config-8.0.45-17.0.1.el5.centos.noarch.rpm

Thanks, but I thought the bug was related to the way the way the
java-containing rpms were built (or maybe installed..) and this rpm just
fixes the process.  What will it take to get working indexes into the
jar files for tomcat (and probably other apps) on an existing system?

Also, is there any chance of duplicating those Red Hat sun jdk rpms? I
think you've said no before, but I'm curious about how debian was able
to manage it: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/sun-java5 if it
is still problematic to redistribute.

--
   Les Mikesell