[CentOS] "driconf" to try to solve "texture size" problem with beryl+radeon+dualhead+mergefb

Wed Jul 4 08:38:36 UTC 2007
ArcosCom Linux User <linux at arcoscom.com>

As some e-mails ago, I'm trying to play beryl in my laptop.

I successfully configured my xorg.conf (thanks to the comunity for the
help that allowed me that).

The problem:

When I boot the laptop without external LCD/CRT, beryl is working fine,
but when I boot it with the external, it recognice fine the external LCD
and don't want to allow beryl run.

What beryl says:

=== BEGIN ===
$ beryl --test-only
* Beryl system compatiblity check                            *

Detected xserver                                : AIGLX

Checking Display :0.0 ...

Checking for XComposite extension               : passed (v0.3)
Checking for XDamage extension                  : passed
Checking for RandR extension                    : passed
Checking for XSync extension                    : passed

Checking Screen 0 ...

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
Checking for GLX_SGIX_fbconfig                  : passed
Checking for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap        : passed
Checking for non power of two texture support   : passed
Checking maximum texture size                   : failed

Root window size (2960/1050) is bigger then maximum texture size (2048x2048)

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (X_GLXDestroyContext)
  Serial number of failed request:  38
=== END ===

Searching the web I readed that with "driconf" util I can try to solve the
problem. I had installed driconf 0.9.1 successfully, but I don't know how
to change that parameters.

Does anyone used driconf or knows how can I solve this problem with
beryl/compiz?

Distro:
   Centos 5 (kernel 2.6.18)
   Xorg 7.1.1