[CentOS] CentOS 5 - Booting halts when loading UHCI

Thu Jul 5 14:57:11 UTC 2007
Bisbal, Prentice <PBisbal at LexPharma.com>

I have CentOS 5 installed on a Compaq Evo. I don't know the exact Evo
model. When I first installed it, booted up fine. Now, when it boots, it
freezes when it loads the UHCI kernel module. Here's what I see:

input: AT Translated set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input0
Creating block device nodes.
USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver 3.0

And that's it. The system just hangs there.

I'm using kernel 2.6.18-8.1.6.el5xen. I can't remember when I last ran
'yum update', but I know the system did boot at one time without any
problems.

Any ideas?

--
Prentice

The contents of this communication, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication in its entirety.