[CentOS] LVM recovery questions

Thu Jul 5 19:05:14 UTC 2007
Michael Mueller <eadgbe_mjm at yahoo.com>

Hi,

I have a centos 4 box i use for a file server (nfs and samba).  It has two hdd: hda is for the standard install; hdb is for /export/samba/netdisk0

hda is lost - it just clicks now

i think hdb is still good

i can't figure out how i can remount the hdb disk in a new machine and retrieve the info from it;  i've scanned the LVM howto and googled some LVM topics, but nothing seems to address my particular need

i was oblivious to LVM until now, so i did not save anything from the /etc dir on the hda disk

can someone help me get a clue?

thanks much,
--
mike