[CentOS] using centos

Fri Jul 6 00:04:49 UTC 2007
kevin nation <kevinnat at gmail.com>

i work in tech support and i am an advanced windows user. but i have not
used linux other than booting up live cd's and checking out the
applications. i have recently installed centos 4.5 on a computer for
testing. all my hardware installed with good defaults and i have been able
to access the internet for updates. but that is as far as i have been unable
to get. i want to install a wireless card and download and install some
additional software and setup window shares but i do not know where to
start. i have found some software in tar and rpm file extentions but i need
help downloading them, extracting or installing them. my wireless card is
not recognized. also i have found alot of rpm files in red hat and fedora
but i do not know if they will work with centos. i know centos is built from
red hat but what version of red hat or fedora would it be equal to so the
right software or driver would be installed.
this is just a testing computer and i just started working with it and do
not need it for anything else so i have plenty of time to learn and become
an advanced linux user.

thanks