[CentOS] question on mplayer playing dvd amd 64 on centos 5

Thu Jul 12 19:16:17 UTC 2007
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

Gents,

I can compile mplayer on centos 4.5 AMD 64 in native 64 bit mode and it
plays the dvd,
and also compile for 32 bit mode "gcc -m32" on it also plays the dvd.
"mplayer dvd://1".

I can compile mplayer on centos 5 AMD 64 in native 64 bit mode and it
plays the dvd.

However, when I compile in 32 bit on AMD 64 centos 5 I cannot play the dvd.
I get:

Playing dvd://1
File not found: '1'
Failed to open dvd://1

My configure string is:
./configure --disable-ivtv --enable-largefiles --target=athlon_xp
--cc="gcc -m32" --as="as -32" --with-extralibdir=/usr/lib; make;
make install

I need the 32 bit mode as it will then play wmv's.
Has anyone done a 32bit compile on centos 5 AMD 64? Can you play dvd's?
If so can you share how you accomplished this.

I am thinking this more a centos 5 issue than an mplayer issue. This is
why I posted here.

THanks,

Jerry