[CentOS] Wireless newtworking in CentOS 5

Fri Jul 13 21:17:15 UTC 2007
Andrew Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net>

Installed CentOS 5 on my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop, hoping that it will
be easier to set up wireless networking than it was in CentOS 4.4. But
still sooooo difficult to get it working, mainly because there doesn't
appear to be a driver pre-installed for this wireless card ((Dell
wireless 1390 Mini PCI network card 802.11b/g). Do I still have to use
ipw2200 and what is this anyway? - I really don't understand why it is
so difficult to get wireless networking in CentOS 5 when it works like a
dream in Windows XP (I have a dual boot system, but I'd much rather use
linux!).
I've tried modprobe ipw2200 and all the rest of it with no success -
what am I doing wrong please?

Thanks,
Andy