[CentOS] Rebuild Fedora Core 6 cmake rpm on CentOS 5

Mon Jul 16 15:53:15 UTC 2007
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

Hi,

I'm trying to build cmake on CentOS 5 from a Fedora Core 6 source rpm (I
need it for another package I'm trying to build from a source rpm,
xmlrpc-c).  When I start the build, I get this error:

error: Failed build dependencies:
	  xmlrpc-c-devel is needed by cmake-2.4.6-3.el5.i386

Well, that's nuts.  I can't build xmlrpm-c without cmake, but cmake
won't build without xmlrpc-c-devel!

I'm probably just going to try installing the Fedora Core 6 rpms on
CentOS 5 to avoid this problem.  But, how would one go about resolving a
build problem like this?

Regards,

Ranbir

--