[CentOS] Vmware on Centos 5

Fri Jul 27 13:39:13 UTC 2007
redhat at mckerrs.net <redhat at mckerrs.net>

I'm sure there are people running server 1.0.3 on centos 5, what I'd like to know is, if you are using it then;

are you using a 64bit centos 5 host ?

are you using core-2 duo cpu ?

and if so, are you suffering from any guest clock/time issues ?

I've read the vmware timekeeping pdf and tried all of their 'workarounds' and none seem to work.

I'm suffering these issues on a ubuntu box running 7.0.4 but I'm looking for an excuse to migrate to centos 5 for this particular server.

Hopefully there are already a good number of people running 64bit with large quantaties of RAM (>=4g)

Cheers.

believed to be clean.