[CentOS] Centos 5 32-bit vs 64-bit question

Mon Jul 2 19:46:53 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 7/2/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:

> Nothing, so far, is producing a custom banner prior to login.
>
> Is this an issue with CentOS 5, an issue with the 64-bit version, or
> something else I need to learn?

Depends on where you want the banner. For display before anyone enters
any information, I create a custom gdm theme with the text in it. This
way the see it before they enter any info at all.

For click-through acceptance, you can use gdialog within gdm to make
people go through a yes/no acceptance type.

While it's for el3, it should work for el5 also. There are probably
easier ways to accomplish this, but hey...

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_8398.shtm

George Orwell