[CentOS] yum download with erros pertaining libpurple

Mon Jul 9 16:32:53 UTC 2007
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 18:35 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > Has anyone else had problems with a recent yum download with
> > libpurple on an X64 machine?
>
> whats an X64 machine ?
>
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libmeanwhile.so.1 is needed by package
> > libpurple
>
> libmeanwhile is provided in the repo..
>
> - KB

Thank you for your help!!!

Sorry about X64 what I really should have written is that the OS is
CentOS-5.0-x86_64-bin-DVD.  My thought is that there may be a repository
problem in that I have not tried to install anything out of the ordinary
other than software related to the repositories I listed.

If I try to do a yum install libmeanwhile I get a "Nothing to do"
response from yum. but locate does not find any references to
libmeanwhile.

If I try to do a yum -y install I get :
Error: Missing Dependency: libmeanwhile.so.1 is needed by package
libpurple

This causes me to think that their may be a dependency problem in the
repositories for x86_64 operating systems.

Does this sound reasonable or are their other things I might need to do
on my end?

Greg