[CentOS] Re: SMP motherboard not recognized

Wed Jul 11 22:30:02 UTC 2007
gen2 <gen2 at planetofidiots.com>

Jim Perrin wrote:

> I've got 4 x345's here at the office running Centos4 with smp just
> fine, however it did require an update of the scsi controller
> firmware, and the bios to get things to work right.

Great to know it will ultimately work, thanks. I'm up to current bios
now, and the "SMP mainboard not recognized" has been replaced with
"Found 1 CPU" (or something similar). So definitely progress, but still
not there yet.

BIOS settings look proper, still seeing 4 cores on gentoo-cd, HT is
active. Tried acpi=ht again and it locks up before the kernel launches.

Me baffled! Thanks for the help so far, getin there.