[CentOS] Re: Gnome Terminal and xterm problems

Thu Jul 12 14:03:17 UTC 2007
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

> I should add that the hang occurs after an unknown amount of time.

Are we talking days, hours, or minutes here?  I use ssh all the time
to log into the systems I manage, but they are all on the LAN.  I
often log into my home CentOS system, and keep the connection up for
an entire work day (8+ hours).

I currently have some ssh sessions that have been running for at
least a few weeks.  When the connection hangs, are you still able to
disconnect it using "~." (make sure you hit return before you try
that escape sequence).

Alfred