[CentOS] PHP 5.2

Thu Jul 12 20:27:18 UTC 2007
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> [...]

Right ... but those are upstream issues.

CentOS, by it's very nature, is not patching upstream technical issues
(except bugfixes we figure out ... and those proposed fixes are normally
submitted to upstream, not rolled into CentoS).

The goal is to produce a distribution that is as close a possible to
upstream (warts and all) ... and help upstream fix things with patches
where we can figure out what is wrong.  That makes EL better for
everyone and minimizes the FORK effect.

The kde-redhat project might be an option to get a newer KDE in CentOS-5.

Thanks,
JOhnny Hughes