[CentOS] question on mplayer playing dvd amd 64 on centos 5

Fri Jul 13 04:12:49 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 7/12/07, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> However, when I compile in 32 bit on AMD 64 centos 5 I cannot play the dvd.
> I get:
>
> Playing dvd://1
> File not found: '1'
> Failed to open dvd://1
>
> My configure string is:
> ./configure --disable-ivtv --enable-largefiles --target=athlon_xp
> --cc="gcc -m32" --as="as -32" --with-extralibdir=/usr/lib; make;
> make install
>
> I need the 32 bit mode as it will then play wmv's.
> Has anyone done a 32bit compile on centos 5 AMD 64? Can you play dvd's?
> If so can you share how you accomplished this.

Have you tried just installing the mplayer rpm from rpmforge?  I did
that, I have only the 64 bit installation, and I can play dvds and
wmvs without any trouble.  I am running a dual core AMD 64, but I
don't know if that would make any difference.

$ rpm -qa | grep mplayer
mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.0.rf.noarch
mplayer-1.0-0.34.rc1try2.el5.rf.x86_64
mplayerplug-in-3.40-1.el5.rf.x86_64