[CentOS] Tired of temp induced shutdowns

Sun Jul 15 07:04:44 UTC 2007
Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela <clsdaniel at gmail.com>

Well I don't know really well and there is not much documentation
(easily accessible via google) but you can check /etc/acpi/events

In theory you can execute a script when a given acpi event occurs,
this includes power button press, closing laptop lid, etc.

You can look up at the proc interfaces for acpi for some clues too:

/proc/acpi

As events seems to be closely related to them, maybe you can catch an
event from thermal_zone and the execute an script to let you know that
your laptop is getting too hot, I'll check on this as it may be useful
for me too.

Good Luck!