[CentOS] About firefox 64 bit version

Tue Jul 17 20:52:08 UTC 2007
Devin Henderson <devin.lists at gmail.com>

Try using the i386 version. That way you can use 32bit plugins like
flash. Also, you can install Firefox v2 via mozilla's tarball. See
'Option 3' here:

http://devhen.wordpress.com/2006/12/18/install-firefox-20-on-fedora-core-6/

I have had stability issues with the mozilla tarball on c5. I have
since installed Remi Collet's firefox-2 RPM for Fedora Core 6 and it
is much more stable for me. You can get it here:

http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/fc6.i386/firefox-2.0.0.4-3.fc6.remi.i386.rpm

If you get a dependency error for yelp either uninstall it (if you
dont need the GNOME help viewer) or get the updated package:

http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/fc6.i386/yelp-2.16.0-14.fc6.remi.i386.rpm

I'm recommending this because it has worked well for me. Please do not
assume that using fc6 RPMs with CentOS 5 is *always* a good idea
because it is not. Avoid using RPMs from a different distro or release
unless you know what your doing. Building your own RPMs is generally
the better way to go.

Good luck,
Devin