[CentOS] XFS module

Tue Jul 17 22:39:42 UTC 2007
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Alex Palenschat wrote:
> > It's this guy?
> >
> > kmod-xfs-0.4-1.el4.2.6.9_55.0.2.EL.x86_64.rpm
>
> If this is the replacement (I'm searching list archives but can't seem
> to find any reference) then how do I load it. I have the yum priorities
> plugin and it still tries to load the plus kernel (which I'm not using).

Just a clarification, the above kmod-xfs is for the normal kernel, not the
plus one. The centosplus kernel is not needed for xfs to work but xfsprogs
and kmod-xfs from the centosplus repo are.

> Do I load it by hand as I always did with kernel-module-xfs?

The xfs module will be loaded when needed. It will be loaded If you have an
xfs filesystem in fstab or if you do mount -t xfs manually.

/Peter