[CentOS] Recommended REPO Setup for Desktop on Cos5

Wed Jul 18 16:33:15 UTC 2007
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

John Thomas a écrit :
> CentOS is simply great.  I use it as my main desktop.  I use VMWare
> clients for any "special needs" software.  I am struggling a bit with
> the plethora of repos and looking for some advice.

I use CentOS 5.0 as "stealth" desktop system in town halls and public
libraries here (South France).

I use the CentOS repos with the yum-priorities plugin, and then
rpmforge. Everything that is not provided, I do either:

1) check out Fedora Core 6 SRPMs and build the binary package on my
system. See the WiKi page for how to build packages as normal user.

2) And if I can't find it there (example: xmms-wma), I check out the
.spec file in the freshrpms repo, download the corresponding source, and
that does the job.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs