[CentOS] local yum mirrors and yum.conf.d

Fri Jul 20 21:42:09 UTC 2007
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> On 7/20/07, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>>>  if I have a local centos yum mirror, whats the best way of
>>>  adjusting the yum.repos.d/*.repo files to use this?  If I simply
>>>  edit CentOS-Base.repo there stands a chance that a yum update
>>>  could conflict with my changes.
>>>
>>>  am I better off creating a 'new' .repo and setting the stock one
>>>  to 'enable=0' ?

It doesn't really matter as the stock repo files are setup as
%config(noreplace) ... meaning that any changes (setting enable=0,
editing baseurl=, etc.) will cause a .rpmnew file to be created on an
upgrade.

SO ... may as well edit the file and change it the way you want to.

>> In my case, I change the baseurl= line to my local yum repo and
>> comment out the mirrorlist= line to force getting files locally only.
>
> That's what we do as well.
>
> Locally built packages, on the other hand, are stored in a separate
> local repo; those do get their own .repo file.

This is exactly what I do as well.