[CentOS] local yum mirrors and yum.conf.d

Sat Jul 21 16:56:08 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> if I have a local centos yum mirror, whats the best way of adjusting
>> the yum.repos.d/*.repo files to use this?   If I simply edit
>> CentOS-Base.repo there stands a chance that a yum update could
>> conflict with my changes.
>
> The Fedora mirror system has a nice feature:
>
> If you run a local fedora mirror you can put a netblock
> on the Fedora mirror management page. Any request for
> a mirror site from this netblock then gets directed to
> the local mirror only.

thats neat, except my mirror is on a private netblock 10.x.x.x and I
don't even know all the IP blocks our intranet uses for internet acccess
as we have at least 3 internet gateways around the world