[CentOS] Active Directory

Mon Jul 23 13:31:46 UTC 2007
zen at allegro.pl <zen at allegro.pl>

On Monday 23 July 2007 14:33:18 Adriatik Allamani wrote:
> Hello
>
> For the moment I manage the user in the network with win 2000 Server.
> I want to use an linux OS to manaxhe the network? Is this possible.
>
> So. How can I organize and configure the Cent OS to use it as Active
> Directory or something like this, and to open all the existing users
> there, and then to shut down the win2000 Server and to Activate the
> CentOS as domain controller?
>
> Can someone help me in this?

It really depends on what parts of AD are you using. To centralize
user/password management and home directories OpenLDAP should be sufficient.
But if you want to replace more sophisticated AD features (software
deployment, etc.), ther is nothing good enough (and Open Source/Free) for
Linux.
If your environment is mostly Windows based, I'd stay with AD.

--
Tomasz Napierala
System Administrator