[CentOS] KStars on CentOS 4.4?

Fri Jul 27 08:44:31 UTC 2007
ne... <guhvies at gmail.com>

> Is there an RPM for this? I think it's in the kdeedu package on the FC6
> DVD. My wife is an amateur astronomer and she uses this excellent
> program. If upstream isn't including it, can I get it and not break my
> CentOS 4.4 system? (Also, I'd like to migrate her and my daughter to
> CentOS). TIA, Lanny
Below is a message from Karsten Wade to the fedora-devel-list.

========<quoted message>=============
If you use enterprise-class Linux (EL) distributions derived from
Fedora, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS, we have something
very exciting for you.

Ever find yourself rebuilding one of the high-quality Fedora packages
for your EL version because it didn't ship with the EL distro?

Friends, there is a new way.  May we introduce ...

              Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL)

EPEL is a community of package maintainers working from inside of
Fedora.  Many are the same people who maintain the Fedora version.  Yet,
there room for new packages and contributors.  Currently, around 1000
packages are available, and we've been growing at the rate of several
dozen packages every week.

 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

How to use EPEL:

 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#howtouse

You can look for packages here:

 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#WhereIsTheSoftwareRepositoryLocated

Looking for a package not in EPEL or other questions?

 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ

==========<end quoted message>=========

You might want to look into this.

HTH
ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.