[CentOS] Thank you: Wiki data for adding 3rd party repository, ProtectBase and Priorities

Fri Jul 27 09:07:21 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> On 7/26/07, Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:
> > --On Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:52 AM -0700 Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > If you ever set up your own local repo, that should be given the
> > > highest priority.  In that case, you'd better start with a 2 for base
> > > etc.
> >
> > Is there a HOWTO for this (setting up a personal repo) in the wiki? I have
> > a special user for building my own RPM's but have just used RPM to install
> > those in the past.
>
> Here it is:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalRepos

You may want to look into mrepo as well. mrepo allows to synchronize
distributions and repositories and generate metadata (in different
formats). It allows you to manage local repositories as well.