[CentOS] rpms for 32 bit

Sat Jul 28 21:12:53 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Tony Barratt wrote:
> Thanks Johnny,
> I dont think there is Internet access on the boxes I have to deal with.
> What I am trying to get to grips with is the problems described here:
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/library/es-rhel-coexist/

that article is on zSeries, which is the modern version of the classic
IBM System/370 mainframe architecture.   I'm not sure its directly
applicable to x86_64

that said, I went looking on my RHEL AS 4 system, which is the only
64bit install I have available at the moment but I can't figure out how
to get `up2date` to do the equivalent of a `yum groupinfo`...  I can
list the groups (up2date --show-groups) but not whats in them.

if someone has a CentOS4 x86_64 install handy, they could answer your
question with the output of...

    $ sudo yum groupinfo "Compatability Arch Support"
    $ sudo yum groupinfo "Compatability Arch Development Support"
    $ sudo yum groupinfo "Legacy Software Development"