[CentOS] Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

Mon Jul 30 00:39:21 UTC 2007
Lanny Marcus <mailing-lists at computer2.com>

On 28 July 2007, Dag Wieers wrote:
<snip>
> Let me add that an effort to make sure EPEL is compatible with
> RPMforge failed as EPEL wants to become the only repository for RHEL
> and there is no interest to consider current RPMforge users.
>
> EPEL refused the repotag, so one cannot easily identify where a
> package comes from and mixing repositories becomes harder. Since
> compatibility is a 2 way interaction and EPEL shows no interest, it is
> certain that mixing EPEL with other repositories may break something.
<snip>

Dag: I hope you will consider rewriting that post to the ML and putting
it into the CentOS Wiki. Rewriting may not be necessary. Your post was
pretty explicit and very informative.  IMHO, it will be a great addition
to the Repository Wiki. Lanny