[CentOS] Linux File System w/case-insensitivity

Tue Jul 31 21:19:54 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 7/31/07, Al Sparks <data345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I used to mount some files via Samba which resided on a windows
> machine on a CentOS box.  We moved the files to a NetApp filer, and I
> was unable to mount those files using either Samba or CIFS.  Most of
> my problems with Samba were related to the (Windows?) password
> encryption scheme that has not been included in the Samba suite.
>
> Even if I use the mount t cifs, it didn't work.
>
> So on the NetApp filer, we switched the volume to NFS only (having the
> volume as both NFS and CIFS also didn't work, strangely enough), and I
> was able to mount the volume.
>
> Fine.  But now the complaint is that the files are case sensitive, and
> doing searches for a particular file is problematical.

For the case sensitibity, use of cifs would be better.  You indicated
some sort of a password problem.  How about this article?  It says
"sent by Ralph Angenendt" (yes, a main CentOS member).

http://www.x-tend.be/~fred/howtos/samba3.html#13

Akemi