[CentOS] Re: hardware for a test cluster setup

Mon Jul 9 22:01:12 UTC 2007
John Bowden <j-alan at btconnect.com>

On Monday 09 July 2007 22:47:05 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
> >> Sorry to hijack this thread. I have got some old Sparc station 5's any
> >> one know of an o/s that I can install on them. I would like to learn
> >> all about clustering
> >
> > anyways, I think you'd have better luck trying to bring up a test
> > cluster using old x86 PCs.
>
> or just a bunch of VM's on your laptop :)
>
> - KB

Actually I never thought of taking this route. I have a tower with an AMD 3ghz
ht cpu in it just trying to sort out the sound card chip on it at the moment.
Thanks for the idea, I will hand back the thread now.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)