[CentOS] seeing which IP is your DHCP server

Fri Jul 20 01:29:56 UTC 2007
Erik Laxdal <elaxdal at ECE.UVic.CA>

Rogelio Bastardo wrote:
> If I am on a CentOS box (or any other nix box, I guess), what is the
> easiest way to easily see the dhcp server?  (Like in MS Windows, one
> can run "ipconfig /all" and see which IP is the DHCP server)

For CentOS 5, the command:

      grep dhcp-server-identifier /var/lib/dhclient/dhclient-eth0.leases

or for CentOS 4, the command:

      grep dhcp-server-identifier /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient-eth0.leases

will list the dhcp server(s) that the system recently got its IP address
from.  The most recent dhcp renewal should be at the bottom of the list.

Erik