[CentOS] Can't connect firewire HD

Dago Pacheco

informatica at makimet.cl
Mon Jun 4 14:32:14 UTC 2007

Hi..... I just bought a External HD with USB/FireWire interfaces.  I was
trying to connect it by firewire and  nothing happened, but it's
connected  by USB, there is no problem.  This is the "fdisk - l" output
when i connect it by USB

Disco /dev/sdc: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
255 cabezas, 63 sectores/pista, 19457 cilindros
Unidades = cilindros de 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

With firewire, there is just nothing for the external HD
The firewire port it's integrated to my motherboard as an ATX form
card.  The USB port where i connect the HD is in the same card

Hope u can help me.  Thanks a lot