[CentOS] CentOS 4.5 FTP install

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:45:34 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Ron Yorston <rmy at tigress.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I can access the files via anonymous FTP.  From the server log
> > I can see that the installer is only trying to fetch the product.img
> > file.  It tries
> >
> >    /centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/base/product.img
> >
> > and
> >
> >    /centos/4/os/i386/disc1/CentOS/base/product.img
> >
> > Ron
> It seems more likely the problem is with the installer.  It should not
> depend on that file.
> I will try it myself later to see what's going on.
> Akemi

I was able to reproduce the problem you described.  I set up the
server with anon ftp, booted a local machine using CD#1 of CentOS4.5
(freshly downloaded, md5sum checked), started the installation,
selected ftp install and entered requested info (IP and directory).
The server log showed that the client attempted to get

in this order just as you reported.

Next, I went ahead and copied  stage2.img to product.img and tried
again.  The installation successfully continued.  I am now watching
the server log and see ftp download of rpm files happily taking

I must conclude that there is a glitch in the installer of CentOS4.5 CD#1.