[CentOS] Error on sound files with totem removed

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:30:23 UTC 2007

I decided to go ahead and remove totem (don't much care for it
anyway), and when I double-click a sound file in nautilus, it runs
mplayer to play the file, but I also get an error window (from
mplayer) that says "[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device
/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy" but it is playing the sound file
just fine.  I can close the error window and everything works; if I
close mplayer instead, both mplayer and the error window disappear.

What gives?

--
Mark Hull-Richter
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)