[CentOS] x display issue

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed Jun 6 00:53:22 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I've got a new Centos5 install and got x installed with gnome on it. The
problem is the display looks awful and keeps flickering. It failed the
monitor probe and doesn't have horizontal and vertical refresh rates in the
xorg.conf file. I believe this is part or all of the issue, i took it down
to 8-bitt color and 800x600 resolution, that didn't help. The video card is
an sis 741/760 AGP integrated job, the monitor has no designation, except
compaq. Does anyone know how i can find the values i need?

Thanks.
Dave.