[CentOS] NFS v4

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:54:29 UTC 2007

On 06/06/07, Francois Caen <frcaen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/07, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Under real user load though it just fell on its arse very quickly and
> > a quick fall back to v3 was implemented.
>
> Will, could you please expand on what went wrong? What kind of
> symptoms did you experience? And  did everything work prefectly when
> you just reverted to v3?

I can't recall *exactly* what was going on as it was a while back.

We had 3 or 4 identical clients mounting maildirs. Under relatively
light real user load NFS 4 mounts would lock up and all sorts of other
weirdness. reverting back to v3 resolved the problems.

I never got round to trying again. I would probably have waitied until
we moved to a newer major version of CentOS.

Will