[CentOS] How to set up maxium masseage size per user basic

Indunil Jayasooriya

indunil75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 05:20:44 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am runnig sendmail 8.13.8 with MailScanner-4.58.9-1 on CentOS 5. I want to
setup a rule which filters message sizes.

Below is the situation.

I have  20 users. They currently have full freedom to send and recive mails.
No message size checking is done.

Now I want to limit message size per user basic.

Let's say that
                  5 users can only send  mails up to 7 MB and they can
recieve up to  5 MB.
                 10 users can only send  mails up to 10 MB and they can
recieve up to  7 MB.
                 and the remaining 5 users can only send  mails up to 2MB
and they can  recieve up to  3 MB

How to set a rule like this.

In Mailscanner, There is a file called max.message.size.rules

It is given below. I wrote a rule. But it still does not work.
pls see below

[root at mailgw rules]# cat max.message.size.rules